Saturday, July 6, 2013

Catskill 3500 Club


I finally framed my Catskill 3500 Club Certificates and patches.  It took so long because I needed to order new copies.  Somebody else is in possession of the originals.  Why would you keep something like that??

I can still be proud of the accomplishment, even if it's mixed feelings about some of the memories.  There's a fine line between adventurous and reckless.  

My final weekend, and only solo trips, I had to tape the shit out of my feet to get anywhere after the week before: crying, in pain the last mile, I expected to see bone when I took my socks off.  I survived, and there were many worthwhile experiences, but we could have been smarter.  Nevermind the battles through bush on trail-less peaks only to reach a summit with no view.  What good is a summit, without a view?

I'm good for complaints, but it was worth doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment